The Tourism Kamloops Hospitality Awards recognize Kamloops' great ambassadors of hospitality from across the tourism industry. The awards are a tribute to frontline staff providing exceptional customer service that welcomes guests to our city and guarantees they keep coming back again and again.
Award Reception | February 19, 2017
The award reception will be hosted at the Parkside Lounge in the Sandman Centre in partnership with the Kamloops Blazers. Guests will be invited to attend an appetizer reception and then carry on to the Blazers' home game.
Featuring live music by:
Bees and the Bare Bones
3:00pm - 5:00pm
Appetizer & Cocktail Reception
5:00pm - 7:00pm
Kamloops Blazers vs. Prince George Cougars
Tickets: $25 + tax
Most Valuable Player in Food & Beverage Service - Sponsored by TRU Faculty of Adventure, Culinary Arts and Tourism
It's the little things that distinguish the good servers and chefs from the great. Whether it is knowing customers name from the second they walk in of providing flawless flavours each and every time. These food & beverage players keep their restaurant hopping from consistent service and ensure they are the top of taste buds for their regulars.
Accommodation Service Captain - Sponsored by Kamloops Accommodation Association
From your first greeting to the chocolates on your pillow, this player in the accommodation arena is always serving up gold level experiences when it comes to a stay in Kamloops.
Attraction Services Leader - Sponsored by go2HR
This team member is always on point in the league of attraction services by always ensuring top notch guest experiences. Their smile and can-do attitude keeps visitors pumped for all the fun to be had in Kamloops.
Top Scorer in Tourism Services - Sponsored by Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association
Whether it is a local guide or the sucker with the biggest muscles carrying your luggage from the airport, this person is turning heads when it comes to stick handling visitors to Kamloops.
Overall Eligibility - Criteria
Nominees must fulfill ALL standard category ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA to be eligible for a Hospitality Award. When in doubt, the decisions of the Hospitality Award selection committee will be final.
- All nominees MUST show a minimum of 1-year employment, or multiple seasons with current employer.
- All nominees MUST be a permanent resident of Kamloops.
- All nominees MUST be employed by a company or organization located within the designated eligibility. area/boundary Kamloops city limits including up to 30km outside the posted city limits. An application for variance may be considered by the awards committee.
- Owners, CEOs, Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Executive Directors, Directors and General Managers are not eligible unless their role requires that they work in a frontline capacity for 90% or more of their regular daily job.
- Employees of Tourism Kamloops are not eligible for any awards.
- No self nominations will be accepted.
Partners of the Awards
Click here to find out more about sponsorship opportunties for the Tourism Kamloops Hospitality Awards.