CAREERS AT TOURISM KAMLOOPS
Tourism Kamloops promotes Kamloops as an attractive, affordable and accessible getaway for outdoor enthusiasts, families, athletes and weekend warriors. We lead innovative marketing strategies to promote Kamloops as a valued tourism destination. Tourism Kamloops promotes a culture of collaboration, innovation and fun.
Tourism Kamloops Event Ambassador
The Tourism Kamloops team promotes Kamloops as an attractive, affordable and accessible getaway for outdoor enthusiasts, families, athletes and weekend warriors. We lead innovative marketing strategies to promote Kamloops as a valued tourism destination.
We’re looking for Event Ambassadors who are passionate about Kamloops. Do you love to engage with people? Do you have a passion for events & festivals? If so, we invite you to apply to join our Visitor Experience team as an Events Ambassador.
Primary Location: Riverside Park
Shift Requirements: Volunteers are required to sign up for a minimum of 20 hours per calendar year. Shifts are 4 hours in length unless otherwise posted.
- Attend events such as Ribfest; Dragon Boat Festival; Music in the Park, etc.
- Complete pedestrian counts of event crowds
- Intercept visitors for a 2-minute survey and input survey questions into Survey Monkey
- Assist festival attendees by answering questions about events schedule, directions, etc.
- Be a passionate ambassador of Kamloops’ tourism economy
- Encourage new and return visits to our community, region, and province
- Ability to work outdoors for 4 hours in all weather conditions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passionate about local and regional attractions, activities and events
- Comfortable navigating websites belonging to Tourism Kamloops and Survey Monkey
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Outgoing, friendly and welcoming
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment/take initiative in slow times
- Behind the scenes opportunities at renowned events
- Flexible schedules that fit your schedule
- Complimentary SuperHost Service for All training
- Opportunity to network with industry professionals
- Honorariums may be provided for educational training programs (upon completion of required hours)
Tourism Kamloops is committed to a culture of diversity and encourages volunteers of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, and walks of life to apply. Please send your resume, availability, and any accessibility considerations to the Visitor + Stakeholder Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why Kamloops
- Meeting Planner Toolkit
- Request Information
- New to Kamloops
- Fam Requests
- Tours & Itineraries
- Trade Tips
- Travel Information
- Brochure Request
- Media Library
- Sign Up
- Accommodation FOH
- Accommodation BOH
- Food + Beverage FOH
- Food + Beverage BOH
- Tourism Attraction
- Tourism Services