Submit Your Best Adventure Photo
Enter for your chance to win the Tourism Kamloops outdoor adventure photo contest. While 2020 presented several challenges, many of you were lucky enough to get outdoors and enjoy our beautiful Kamloops landscape.
This photo contest is geared towards amateur photographers. If you're newer to photography or just like taking photos with your phone, this contest is for you.
Photos submitted to the contest may be used in Tourism Kamloops' digital marketing campaigns. You will be credited if we select your photo to share via our website or social media channels. You will maintain full rights to license your photos and they remain your own.
Contest winners will receive a gift certificate to Kamloops based sports retailer True Outdoors.
- First Place = $700 Gift Certificate
- Second Place = $350 Gift Certificate
- Third Place = $150 Gift Certificate
How to Enter
- The contest is open December 18, 2020 to January 29, 2021.
- You can enter a maximum of 2 photos.
- Photos must include at least one person participating in an outdoor activity.
- Photos must be taken in the Kamloops area and on a public trail or recreation area.
- Outdoor activities may include hiking, biking, skiing, golfing, fishing, kayaking, or snowshoeing, to name a few.
- Photos must be uploaded in JPEG or TIFF format and be a minimum of 2 MB and a maximum of 5 GB.
- Photos submitted may be used by Tourism Kamloops to promote tourism across digital marketing channels.
- By choosing to enter, you give Tourism Kamloops permission to use your photo in marketing promotions.
- You will maintain full copyright and licensing rights to your photos - they will remain your own.
- Photo credits will be provided to photographers if your photo is published by Tourism Kamloops.
- Entrant must be 19 years or older.
- Entrant must be a resident of British Columbia.
- Photos must have been taken within the last year.
- Entrant must have full copyright rights to all photos submitted.
- Entrant must agree to have their photos published by Tourism Kamloops.
We are lucky to have a very talented line-up of Kamloops-based photographers who have volunteered their time to help select the winners. The judging panel includes:
Mary is a nature and events photographer focused on capturing candid images of people enjoying the outdoors. With her intimate knowledge of the Thompson-Nicola region, Mary is a film scout and was the Chair of Photography for the BC Winter Games.