For Immediate Release
2018 Tourism Kamloops BOLD Hospitality Awards Winners Announced
February 28, 2018 – The 2nd Annual Tourism Kamloops BOLD Hospitality Awards presented by the Kamloops Blazers were a success! Over 150 people representing Kamloops tourism industry employees, employers, colleagues, friends and family were in attendance to recognize and celebrate Kamloops’ exceptional hospitality champions in the Valley First Lounge at Sandman Centre.
“The BOLD Hospitality Awards have showcased the best of the best in hospitality excellence for a second year. All of the nominees and winners exemplify what it takes to make Kamloops a warm, welcoming, remarkable tourism destination. These individuals make the Kamloops visitor experience exceptional, and for that we are so grateful,” explains Beverley DeSantis, Tourism Kamloops CEO.
A total of 31 nominees competed for the winning title in six hospitality categories. The full list of winners are as follows:
- Accommodation “foh” of the Year (Front of House) – Debra Patriquin, South Thompson Inn & Conference Centre
- Accommodation “boh” of the Year (Back of House) – Pamela Stella, Sandman Signature Hotel
- Food & Beverage “foh” of the Year (Front of House) – Debbie Morgan, Denny’s Restaurant
- Food & Beverage “boh” of the Year (Back of House) – Mitchell Shafer, blue Dining + Lounge
- Tourism Attractions Leader of the Year - Rick Wanless, Kamloops Mounted Patrol
- Tourism Services Leader of the Year - Russ Grycan, Rocky Mountaineer
“This year’s attendance and sponsorship partners demonstrate our city’s immense support for this awards program. The recognition received by tourism industry peers, employers and our visitors for hospitality excellence is so very important and allows Kamloops to standout in a highly competitive tourism landscape,” notes DeSantis. “This industry is all about people. Connections are what visitors treasure most about their travels. To know that Kamloops places high value on delivering top-notch personal service to our 1.8 million visitors annually allows us to create remarkable experiences and lasting memories.”
Nominations were gathered over a six-week period in November and December. An appointed selection committee comprised of local hospitality leaders scored the nominations narrowing to a field of three finalists and finally a winner in each category.
Monica Dickinson, Director – Industry Relations & Communications
Phone: 250.372.8000 | Cell: 250.819.0151 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org