FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Kamloops Wineries Shine in National Wine Competition
Kamloops, BC, June 12, 2017 – Kamloops winemakers are grinning with pride after the results of the 37th Annual All Canadian Wine Championships were announced last Friday night in Ontario. Three Thompson Valley wineries accumulated an astounding nine medals in a pack of entries that included 1401 wines from across the country.
Twenty respected wine judges from 6 provinces judged over 3 days to determine the top wines in a number of categories sorted by grape variety and price. Wines were scored on a 100 point scale and awarded medals accordingly. The All Canadian Wine Championships is oldest national wine competition and has followed the progress of Canadian wine since its infancy.
“Wine competitions and professional reviews can hold a lot of weight in our industry,” says Trish Morelli, Executive Director for the Kamloops Wineries Association. “To see our young Kamloops wineries do so well in a national competition of this calibre is a real testament to the talent of our winemakers and the quality of wine coming out of the emerging Thompson Valley wine region.”
The nine medal winning wines came from all three of the Kamloops Wine Trail Wineries with top spots going to:
- Double Gold: Monte Creek Ranch Winery 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve
- Gold: Monte Creek Ranch Winery 2014 Ranch Hand Red Reserve
- Gold: Harper’s Trail Estate Winery 2015 Cabernet Franc
- Gold: Privato Vineyard and Winery 2014 Tesoro Pinot Noir. Woodward Collection
- Silver: Monte Creek Ranch Winery 2014 Cabernet Merlot
- Silver: Harper’s Trail Estate Winery 2016 Pioneer Block Riesling
- Bronze: Harper’s Trail Estate Winery 2016 Silver Mane Riesling
- Bronze: Harper’s Trail Estate Winery 2016 Rose
- Bronze: Monte Creek Ranch Winery 2016 Hands Up White
The Kamloops Wine Trail connects a group of unique and diverse wineries pioneering a new wine region in Kamloops Thompson Valley region of British Columbia. The valley is home to 4 wineries, 6 vineyards and just over 100 acres under vine.
For More Information Contact: