You haven’t experienced British Columbia until you’ve visited Canada’s Tournament Capital: Kamloops! Situated just south central of B.C. in Canada, this small town is a four-season beauty, ideal for outdoor recreation enthusiasts. The mild climate and gorgeous landscapes make this place perfect for golfing, biking, hiking, horseback riding, kayaking, paddle boarding, and skiing. The downtown corridor is increasingly expanding with great restaurants and boutique shops.
For those looking to experience the mountains, make sure to visit Sun Peaks Resort, just an hour from Kamloops, and a destination worth taking while visiting Kamloops. It’s family-friendly and offers incredible activities like Segway tours, cross-country skiing, snowboarding, hiking, golfing, and mountain biking in the summer. Sun Peaks Resort has a similar European-style village feel as Whistler but is more quaint and less populated.
Unique Fact: Kamloops has been called the friendliest in B.C., making it an ideal fall destination.
To make your life easier, we’ve put together 20 bucket list items for your next trip to Kamloops and Sun Peaks.
1. Stroll, picnic, or swim at Riverside Park (stay for “Music in the Park” nightly in the summer)
2. Explore the Kamloops Farmers Market (Saturdays and Wednesdays)
3. Stand Up Paddle Boarding with Bodie Shandro from Surfit
4. Book a seated tasting flight or visit the walk-up tasting bar at Harper’s Trail
5. Experience Kamloops’ culture – and craft beer – at Brewloops
6. Play a round at the award-winning Tobiano Golf Course
7. Mountain bike at Kamloops Bike Ranch: Canada’s largest municipal bike park
8. Have all-day breaky at Hello Toast
9. Bike, Hike, Ski, Ride, and more at Sun Peaks Resort
10. Take a hike and enjoy the phenomenal views at Kenna Cartwright Park
11. Have a pint of delicious craft beer and some PFC (pickle fried chicken) at The Noble Pig
12. Take a walk on the wild side at the BC Wildlife Park
13. Sip and savour along the Kamloops Wine Trail
14. Shop in Downtown Kamloops and “find everything you need”
15. Take in an incredible Indigenous experience
16. Take a Voyageur Canoe Tour at McGillivray Lake
17. Share an intimate dinner at Brownstone Restaurant
18. Follow the Southern Interior Ale Trail
19. Learn about the history of downtown Kamloops with a self-guided heritage walking tour
20. Cool off with a scoop (or two) from Scoopz Ice Cream Parlour
Don’t forget to share photos of your awesome adventures! #ExploreKamloops #YKA360