The 2nd annual Kamloops International Buskers Festival is making its return to Riverside Park from July 25-28, 2019. Canadian and International street performers will entertain crowds for 4 days that include jugglers, acrobats, magicians, hula hoopers and more.
After winning the People’s Choice award in 2018, Victor Rubilar will bring his soccer ball juggling skills back to the Tournament Capital for his second year. The all-star buskers lineup has six other performers added:
• Bendy Em: A comic contortionist who squeezes herself into a 16” clear, plastic box
• Charlie Caper: High-tech magician extraordinaire who won “Sweden’s Got Talent”
• Lisa Lottie: Contortionist who mixes in impressive hula hoop moves
• Greg Frisbee: A fire juggling comedian who even sets his hands on fire
• John Park: A juggler who mixes comedy and music into his routines
• ZAP Circus: A high energy duo of acrobats, comedy, circus acts, and fire
In addition to the stationary performances, attendees can also enjoy local food trucks in the food village, roving performers, local busk stops in the park, and art installations. Attendees can also enjoy emerging artists on the designated music stage from 12-6pm, Friday to Sunday.
How It Works
This family-friendly event is free to attend however, the performers do work for gratuities. This gives you the chance to watch the show, and then decide how much to tip after you’ve seen the performance – it’s the most honest form of entertainment. Tips are welcomed and appreciated. Performers will rotate on a schedule on Thursday from 5-9pm, Friday and Saturday from 1-9pm, and Sunday 12-5pm.