Date night can be so much more than just dinner and a movie. Here are some ideas for a unique and special date night with your loved ones in Kamloops.
1. Get creative at the Kamloops Art Party paint nights give you the chance to get creative and bring home a unique souvenir. Drop-in classes are available, or you can book a private class for you and your partner.
3. Ice cream is a summer staple, whether you’re with the kids, on date night, or looking for something sweet. Here’s the scoop on where to find the best ice cream in Kamloops.
4. Take your movie date to the next level at the Paramount Theatre with a private booking and watch the film of your choice - popcorn, drink, and candy are included.
BONUS: Dress up for the Kamloops Film Festival's red carpet gala in February.
5. Get rewarded with breathtaking views and hike Kamloops’ iconic Battle Bluff - Grouse Grind who?
6. Nothing beats a scenic cruise on two wheels along the river banks next to your partner. Grab your bicycles and peddle your way along the River’s Trail around McArthur island.
7. Indulge in the Kamloops' brewery culture. Find your new favourite beer with a tasting flight at one of our 4 local award-winning breweries.
Bonus: Don’t miss the annual BrewLoops festival each fall where brewers from British Columbia share their top brews with 5,000 beer lovers, plus live music, food trucks, and a Ferris wheel.
8. Escape from a fantasy-themed world! For the thrill-seekers, will you be able to escape at Exit Kamloops?
9. Get ready to par-tee with your loved one. Hit the greens at one of Kamloops' 8 championship 18-hole golf courses for an exciting round of award-winning golf, or test your skill indoors at Breaking Par golf.
10. Take advantage of the green spaces in downtown. Pack a picnic to enjoy at Riverside Park (bonus points if it's during July and August’s nightly music in the park).
11. A date spot that is right up your alley. Bowl for strikes during cosmic bowling at Falcon Lanes.
12. Jump around and beat all the obstacles. Hop to it at Apex Adventure Park featuring a ninja obstacle course, challenge zone, and trampoline park.
14. Date night on a budget! Bring your own putters and ball and take advantage of free minigolf at McArthur Island Park.
15. Take a seat and enjoy a live theatre production at Western Canada Theatre.
16. Elevate your date to the next level and get a new perspective on Kamloops with an aerial sightseeing tour with Vayu Aviation.
17. Downtown offers a wide variety of cozy locally-owned boutiques for you to find that perfect outfit, gift, or accessory for your home. If you need help choosing the store you want to visit, click here.
18. Located at the corner of Victoria Street and 5th Avenue in downtown Kamloops, the Kamloops Art Gallery is a public art gallery that features changing exhibitions of regional, national and international art with a contemporary and historic focus.
19. Don't forget to bring a camera! Time your evening hike to arrive at the end of the Sunset Trail at sunset to experience the golden hour glow on the grasslands.
20. Get wet and slide down the waterslide, relax in the hot tub, splash around in the pool or jump off the diving boards in the lap pool at the Canada Games Aquatic Centre.
21. For a bit of nostalgia, catch a flick on the outdoor screen at Twin Rivers Drive-In.
22. Sip back and relax. Get a taste of Kamloops’ finest wine at our local vineyards and wineries or sit back and relax while one of our professional tour companies takes you on the road to visit our award-winning wineries. Cheers to that!
23. Visit the BC Wildlife Park where you can see nearly 200 animals and 65 different species.
Bonus: Plan your visit during the annual winter celebration "Wildlights Festival" where families and friends gather to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors and the thousands of light displays. Visitors can take a trip around the park on the Wildlife Express miniature train, warm up around the campfire while sipping on hot chocolate, enjoy a wagon ride to the North Pole, and more.
24. Jump in a virtual adventure at All Around GamerZ.
25. Book a pampering experience and treat yourselves to a couples’ spa treatment.
26. Show your date why you love fishing. Share your passion for fishing, and learn how to fish or ice fish with Elevated Fishing during the winter months.
27. Whether you're new to mountain biking or an intermediate rider, Lac du Bois offers 20km of cross-country trails. Be rewarded with views of Kamloops and the Thompson Valley as you climb and descend through the sage-scented grasslands.
28. Ski under the stars with night skiing at Stake Lake with the Overlander Ski Club or Harper Mountain.
29. Grab or rent a pair of snowshoes or skates and head up to one of the 5 must-try trails for a fun winter experience. Kamloops' rolling hills and unique terrain make for a snowshoeing paradise.
30. All you need is gloves. You can ski and snowboard at Harper Mountain whether you're a beginner or an expert. Visit Snow Town Tube Park or their snowshoeing and cross-country trails for a full mountain experience. Sun Peaks Resort also offers an array of thrills including skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, dog sledding, and cross-country skiing.
31. See what local events, shows, or performances are happening and plan an evening out.