1. One of the great reasons to be in “Spookloops” for Halloween is all of the fun activities starting right in the beginning of October to get you in the spooky spirit! From a Scarecrow Building Contest and the Sahalloween Fall Festival to the Tranquille Farm Fresh Tunnel Tours and the Kamloops Museum’s Criminals or Cemeteries for Kids tours, there is something for every member of your family to begin the festivities. Don’t forget to stop by a pumpkin patch to pick the perfect pumpkin to carve and add to your Halloween decorations!
2. Another reason that you’ll want to be in Kamloops this Halloween is to choose the perfect costume! Kamloops has many spooky shops to choose from, including Pandora’s Costume Box, Halloween Alley, Halloween City and Value Village! So whether you or your family members are looking to be a super hero, creepy monster, princess or zombie, you’ll find everything you need to look your best, or your worst, in “Spookloops”.
3. Kamloops doesn’t just have Halloween activities and events in the beginning and end of October, you can celebrate the festivities all month long! The Tunnel Tours at Tranquille Farm Fresh last nearly the whole month and their Corn Maze is available for the first half of the month. The Kamloops Museum hosts several different tours and events throughout the month that the whole family will enjoy. Boo at the Zoo is a family favourite! Here, you can enjoy Halloween at the BC Wildlife Park with things like a Kid's Haunted House, Freaky Family Farm, Spooky Light Displays, Haunted Maze and Trick or Treating.
4. Another great reason to celebrate the Halloween season in Kamloops is the lovely change of weather. Our gradual change to cooler conditions means more time outside enjoying the moderate temperatures and beautiful sunshine. You can stroll around town, taking in the neighbourly Halloween decorations. There are plenty of opportunities to spend time outdoors and enjoy the reds, yellows, oranges, and browns of fall surrounding you. Plus, playing in the leaves is an annual family favourite!
5. The best reason to spend Halloween in “Spookloops” is all the things you can do right around Hallow’s Eve itself. Tranquille Farm Fresh hosts a special Corn Maze Extravaganza, complete with scary actors, lights, fog, and music, for the five evenings before Halloween. The Kamloops Museum presents several activities right before Halloween, such as the Haunted Kamloops and Criminals tours to the Cemeteries for Kids Workshops to the Kids’ Halloween Haunts event. For those of age, there are often plenty of Halloween events at the local bars and pubs, which are always very popular! With plenty of ideas of things to do and new events being posted leading up to the big day, be sure to check http://www.tourismkamloops.com/halloween-activities-and-ghost-stories, and don’t miss your chance to get your creep on in “Spookloops”!