Whether it's snow, rain, rain, or heat, sometimes it's best to take a break and head indoors. There are several diverse indoor attractions in Kamloops that will keep you entertained. From arts and culture and shopping to flavours tours and science, be sure to visit these Kamloops spots.
Arts & Culture
- Get a buttery popcorn and catch a flick on the big screen at the historic Paramount Theatre (private bookings also available) or at the Cineplex Odeon.
- Learn about the history of Kamloops at the Kamloops Museum & Archives.
- Admire innovative art exhibits at the Kamloops Art Gallery and browse unique local finds at their Gallery Store. Admissions are free on Thursday thanks to BCLC.
- Test your skills at Arcade Games or ride a virtual roller coaster at Fun & Games.
- Mini bowling, mini bumper cars and Lazer Tag is waiting for you to enjoy at The Fun Factor Fun Centre.
- Strike! Play a game of 5-pin or 10-pin against your friends or family and see who can bowl the best game at Falcon Lanes Bowling. Don't forget to wear white clothing on Friday nights for Cosmic Bowling.
- Get interactive with science at the BIG Little Science Centre at their new location in downtown Kamloops. Be sure to book ahead of your visit.
- Slide down the waterslide, relax in the hot tub, splash around in the kids pool or jump off the diving boards in the lap pool at the Canada Games Aquatic Centre.
- Climb the aquatic wall or take a spin on the zip swing at the Westsyde Pool & Fitness Centre.
Do Some Shopping
- Hit up one of Kamloops' malls or centres in search of a new outfit like at Aberdeen Mall, Northills Shopping Centre, and Summit Shopping Centre.
- Visit downtown Kamloops for locally-owned clothing retailers to get that perfect outfit (or two or three) like Jardine's Domaine, MainStreet Clothing, and Red Wing Shoes.
- Are you back to campus and looking to jazz up your dorm room or just want new decor for your home office? Hit up places like Far & Wide or Crooked Crown Kamloops.
Suds & Grub
- Let Kamloops steal a pizza of your heart with its many suds and grubs options. From pizza to pub fare, modern dining to international eats, there's a dine-in table waiting for you.
- Send your taste buds on a trip around the world (yet staying in the city) with these 4 spots for global eats.
- Sip back and taste the flavours of the Thompson Valley at Monte Creek Winery. Consider taking a guided tour with a tour operator and let them worry about the driving.
- Lagers, IPAs, sours... oh my! Innovative flavours are waiting for you at Kamloops' 5 microbreweries. Be sure to pair their craft beer with a specialty item off their menu (hello tacos, deep-fried pickles, and doughnut glazed burger!) Don't forget to also check out the 2 distilleries and cidery.
Please stay safe, informed and adhere to the latest guidelines in place. Remember to be a responsible visitor, follow guidelines in place at each business, and be kind and patient. For the latest road closures, up to date travel restrictions, health measures and more, visit hellobc.com.