We know you are itching to get out of the house. Leave the kids behind with grandparents – and escape with your significant other for a few nights. Kamloops is ready for you! We are the destination you probably didn’t think about – but your partner will be blown away by our breathtaking views, the number of great eats, the art and culture scene, and all the outdoor adventure waiting for you.
Plan Your Overnight Stay
Kamloops and area have the perfect hotel for every type of couple.
- Want to ensure you’re downtown where all the action is? Check out the Delta Hotel by Marriott on Victoria Street.
- Is it important you have easy access to take an evening stroll in the park after dinner? Check in to the Sandman Signature Hotel across from Riverside Park.
- Want to be close enough to get your shop on? Check out the Fairfield Inn and Suites on High Allan Drive.
Your Night Out
You may not expect it from Kamloops – but our arts and culture scene, especially through the fall months, is buzzing.
We are home to the Kamloops Symphony Orchestra. They offer couples looking for an evening of culture and sophistication an opportunity to escape to the soothing sounds of the orchestra. Whether you're seeking an evening of classics, or something more modern, virtually every weekend has an occasion to remember with the Kamloops Symphony Orchestra or the Kamloops Symphony Chorus.
Couples looking to balance their musical experience with something quieter can also take a tour of the Kamloops Art Gallery. Situated on Victoria Street, the gallery offers a variety of exhibitions for both the new art lover and the more seasoned art connoisseur. Whether you want to check out a current art exhibition or one of the recurring programs or events - you will no doubt find something different every time you visit.
If you're more into the theatrics, Western Canada Theatre brings their live productions to stage starting in the fall season. Previous productions have included musicals, comedies, and well-known hits like Elf, The Sound of Music, GLORY! and more.
When was the last time you snuggled up over a movie – and it wasn’t on the couch in front of the latest Netflix limited series? The Kamloops Film Society offers a night out to experience unique, international, and curated films at the Paramount Theatre. Your movie date will end up being something you recount to friends when you return home from your weekend getaway; this isn’t Cineplex Odeon and the latest James Bond flick – this is a unique film worth a discussion.
Whether you are adventurers, history buffs, foodies, or looking to try something new, Kamloops will not disappoint.
- Suit up and try fishing for the first time. There are 100+ highly productive lakes within a one-hour drive of the city that are stocked year-round. From grasslands to forested lakes, Kamloops' diverse landscape is suited for all anglers.
- Explore art in a unique way by strolling our Back Alley Art Gallery after lunch. You will tour over 30 eclectic art murals in downtown Kamloops and explore different artistic styles in this outdoor art gallery.
- Pop into one of Kamloops’ four wineries (or try all of them!) and discover hidden award-winning sips that you will not believe came from the Thompson Valley.
- Shop without the kids so that you can enjoy our wide variety of stores from the eclectic and locally owned to the nation retail chains.
Couples looking to check out Kamloops for a weekend of romance have so many possibilities. Whatever experience you are looking to achieve, the city of Kamloops offers couples a variety of romantic and relaxing experiences. So what are you waiting for? Get the kids over to grandma’s – pack your bags and fill up the car.