Top 5 Ice Cream Hot Spots in Kamloops, BC!
As the sunny weather approaches and sneaks in a 21 degree day here and there, it gets me thinking about beaches, boats and most notable – Ice Cream! Generally speaking, eating an Ice Cream cone, walking the River’s Trail and spending time with friends goes hand in hand. There’s no shortage of places in Kamloops to grab a quick cone, bowl or shake. Whether you’re at Overlanders’ Beach on the North side, Riverside Park in the heart of downtown or at one of our many playgrounds with the family, this tasty treat is just a stone’s throw away. Keep these Top Five places in mind next time that craving hits:
1. Scoopz Ice Cream Parlour, located on Lansdowne Street, is a perfect stop for an ice cream, sorbet, sherbet and yogurt when hitting the downtown core or the park (opening next weekend by the way).
2. The Zoo Ice Cream Parlor and Creperie is perfectly located in Downtown Kamloops for an after lunch hit of classic Ice cream.
3. Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt is not to be missed. With over 80 flavours and endless self-serve topping choices, the whole family will enjoy.
4. Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt – Frozen yogurt and you pick the toppings! Mmmm… With two great locations, you can pop in on either side of the bridge.
5. Zack’s Coffee has the most amazing Gelato – perfect stop to curb that sweet tooth.
As I write this, the sun is shining and the expected forecast is a balmy 16 degrees making my appetite for a cone build in the near future. Whether you’re at work or visiting the ‘Loops, you should explore all the delicious opportunities this city has to offer - enjoy!