Here's a brief re-cap of what has been happening in the Travel Trade, Meetings and Sport Department:
- Lisa attended the Annual CITAP Golf Tournament held at Mayfair Lakes Golf and Country Club on July 21st. It was a very successful event with over 160 people attending from the Asian Travel Trade market.
- Lisa, Monica and Tara hosted a very successful FAM organized by Destination BC called the Asain RTO & Media FAM on August 8th and 9th. There were 8 key tour operator contacts that attended the event and 2 media who have already produced articles regarding their experiences. Everyone in the group was asked to complete a survey rating every individual experience that they had as well as each experience’s marketability to their clients. All of Kamloops product received excellent reviews in both categories.
- Destination BC held their once-every-two-years New Product Update Presentation of which Lisa was invited to attend and present on August 18th. The presentation was very successful and reached over 150 key representatives in the travel trade/tour operator industry that had been invited to attend the presentation.
- Monica and Lisa attend the Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association Golf Tournament on August 26th, which was a very successful industry networking event.
- Tourism Kamloops is pleased to be partnering with Destination BC Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association once again to bring the Asian “Follow Me to BC” FAM to Kamloops on September 21st-22nd. More details to follow in the next Newsletter.
- Tourism Kamloops is pleased to be partnering with Rocky Mountaineer in hosting 5 Travel Agents FAMS from the UK, Germany and Australia this September. More details to follow in the next Newsletter.
- Tourism Kamloops is pleased to be partner with Jonview in hosting 1 FAM this September. More details to follow in the next Newsletter.
- Kamloops is pleased to be hosting the Communities In Bloom Conference coming to Kamloops this September of which Lisa is the co-chair. More details to follow in the next Newsletter.