Last Update; March 23, 2020
Tourism Kamloops strives to make sure every visitor to Kamloops has the information they need to make informed travel decisions. Below you’ll find official resources to aid in those decisions.
Only Canadian citizens, diplomats, crew and immediate family members of citizens are allowed entry to Canada. New restrictions may be imposed with little warning. For the latest travel advisories visit the Government of Canada website.
Official resources and up-to-date information to ensure visitors can make informed travel decisions about COVID-19 as it relates to travel to and within British Columbia.
The Canada-US border is closed to all non-essential travel and irregular migrants will be turned away. Check the Canadian Border Services Agency for updates.
Facility & Park Closures
As the COVID-19 outbreak evolves, the City of Kamloops has decided to close all recreation facilities as of March 16, 2020, and all play structures as of March 23, 2020 until further notice. For updated information visit the City of Kamloops website.
- Air travel from all international destinations to Canada has been restricted. Additional screening measures are in place at several airports including YVR.
- For more information visit
- Please contact your airline for the latest information.
Events and Conferences
Gatherings of over 50 people are prohibited in BC at this time, this includes casinos. Please contact your event organizer or venue directly for the latest details.
Kamloops accommodations providers remain open for business. Check directly with your accommodations provider if you have questions prior to travel.
Small Business Resources
BC Ferries is operating with reduced service on some routes. Learn more about BC Ferries COVID-19 response.
Learn more about the coronavirus, symptoms, how it spreads, and prevention from HealthLinkBC.
- Visit Health Link BC’s website for detailed information on COVID-19, including FAQs.
- Call the Health Canada 2019 COVID-19 information line: 1-833-784-4397
- Visit Destination BC’s website for provincial travel information
- Visit Parks Canada website for National Parks information
- The Province has created a dedicated phone service to provide British Columbians non-medical information about COVID-19. Please call or via text message 1-888-COVID19 1-888-268-4319, seven days a week between 7:30am-8:00pm.