- Presented By: Canadian Mental Health Association & Discovery College
- Dates: July 27, 2021
- Time: 1:00 PM
- Price: Free
Taking time to be in the present moment, acknowledging what is happening and what we are feeling right now – without judging ourselves – is the basis of Mindfulness. Practicing Mindfulness can be a helpful tool in building and maintaining our resilience, as it supports us to provide space to acknowledge our emotions.
In this online workshop you’ll be introduced to Mindfulness and how it supports resiliency, practice some mindfulness techniques, and discuss what barriers we might face when it comes to taking the time to practice.
This online Mindfulness Workshop is a supplementary session to our Understanding Resilience webinar. This is an interactive workshop and involves practicing Mindfulness activities during the session, along with opportunities for discussion.
The Mindfulness Workshop has been adapted from ‘An Introduction to Mindfulness’ which was created in collaboration with CMHA Kelowna’s Peer Supporters, UBC Okanagan and Okanagan College with contributions from people with lived and professional expertise.
What will I learn?:
- Understand the basics of Mindfulness and how it helps to build resilience
- Acknowledge Mindfulness is a skill that we need to practice and that it can become more natural and beneficial the more we do it
- Practice some mindfulness techniques during the workshop while you sit in your chair
- Discuss barriers we might be facing or placing when it comes to practicing mindfulness