The Tourism Digital Academy is a free, 8-week digital marketing program for BC tourism businesses who are interested in building their knowledge and skills in digital marketing to an intermediate level.
Designed for business owners or their marketing team members, this comprehensive program is focused on providing practical, actionable guidance to complete your digital marketing plan. From setting your goals, to building a better understanding of SEO, website usability, content, email marketing, analytics and more – you’ll leave the program with the confidence and knowledge to put that plan into action.
This online program includes:
- 8 weeks of interactive sessions led by digital marketing experts and ongoing access to the video recordings (Tuesdays & Thursdays each week for a total of four hours per week)
- Technical tutorials to dig deeper into specific areas and share experiences with other participants (Wednesdays each week for one hour)
- One-to-one coaching available, on demand, to answer your sticky questions
- Audits of your business website, SEO and social media channels, to assess your current situation
- A marketing plan template to guide development of your own plan
- Opportunities for peer support and networking
There are multiple intakes, each running for 8 weeks, beginning the week of:
- March 22 - Registration opening soon. Stay tuned!
Eligibility and Application:
The application-based program is free for all participants. To be eligible for the program you must:
- Be a BC-based tourism business, whose product or service is regularly available for purchase within BC (community tourism and sector organizations are also eligible);
- Have an active business website;
- Demonstrate, through the application form, a minimum level of digital marketing experience; and
- Be able to dedicate up to 10 hours per week to the program: five hours to attend classes and tutorial sessions, and up to five hours to apply the learning to your marketing plan as you go.