< Back To Previous Page

What You Need to Know About Eating Wild Mushrooms

  • Dates: October 25, 2017
  • Location: Big Little Science Centre
  • Address: 655 Holt Street, Kamloops, BC
  • Time: 7:00 PM

Of the thousands of North American wild mushrooms, the clear majority are not toxic and will not make you sick. Most are non-poisonous and are non-edible due to texture, objectionable flavour or no flavour. About 20% will make you sick but not kill you; less than 1% WILL kill you. There is no single test you can perform that will determine if a mushroom is poisonous. In this presentation, we will explore how to identify the best edibles in our region and avoid species that will cause your guts to rumble, or WORSE.

Doors open at 6:30 PM, lecture begins at 7:00 PM. For older children and adults. Refreshments served. Entry by donation.