CAREERS + VOLUNTEER
Tourism Kamloops promotes Kamloops as an attractive, affordable and accessible getaway for outdoor enthusiasts, families, athletes and weekend warriors. We lead innovative marketing strategies to promote Kamloops as a valued tourism destination. Tourism Kamloops promotes a culture of collaboration, innovation and fun.
Bold Street Team Member Volunteer
The Tourism Kamloops team promotes Kamloops as an attractive, affordable and accessible getaway for outdoor enthusiasts, families, athletes and weekend warriors. We lead innovative strategies to promote Kamloops as a valued destination. We’re looking for volunteers who are passionate about Kamloops. Do you love to engage with people? Do you have a passion for events? Do you want to explore different lakes, parks, and attractions across Kamloops? If so, we invite you to apply to join our Bold Street Team.
Posting Date: January 6, 2020
Location(s): Across Kamloops
- Talk to visitors and community members to promote Kamloops
- Identify visitor needs and provide accurate information including advice for transportation, accommodation, attractions, events
- Conduct surveys at various locations and events across Kamloops
- Be a passionate ambassador of the Kamloops area
- Encourage new and return visits to our community, region, and province
- Engage with visitors by answering inquiries and providing assistance
- Answer inquiries via phone, Facetime, email and in-person
- Complete pedestrian counts at events
- Ability to work outdoors for 4 hours in all weather conditions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passionate about local and regional attractions, activities and events
- Comfortable navigating websites such as Tourism Kamloops, Hello BC, Drive BC, Wildfire BC, Google Maps, etc.
- Comfortable using a laptop, smartphone, or tablet
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Outgoing, friendly and welcoming
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment/take initiative in slow times
- Complimentary training including SuperHost Destination Ambassador, Tourism Visitor Information Counsellor, SuperHost Foundations of Service Quality
- Flexible shifts that fit your schedule
- Behind the scenes opportunities at local attractions and events
- Complimentary Tourism Kamloops clothing (t-shirts, toques, etc.)
- Opportunity to gain experience with Tourism Kamloops’ Destination Development, Research, or Visitor Services departments.
How to Apply:
- Valid Criminal Record Check
- Accessibility considerations
- A short paragraph explaining what you like to get up to on weekends in Kamloops.
Please send the following to the Visitor + Stakeholder Liaison at email@example.com
Tourism Kamloops’ environment and culture promote flexibility for thoughtful, purposeful, and innovative work. Opportunities for project-based work outside the scope of this job description may occur and are encouraged should it feed your passions, interests and facilitate ongoing workplace learning.
- Why Kamloops
- Meeting Planner Toolkit
- Request Information
- Flash your Badge