CAREERS + VOLUNTEER
Tourism Kamloops promotes Kamloops as an attractive, affordable and accessible getaway for outdoor enthusiasts, families, athletes and weekend warriors. We lead innovative marketing strategies to promote Kamloops as a valued tourism destination. Tourism Kamloops promotes a culture of collaboration, innovation and fun.
Bold Street Team Member
Summer Employment Opportunity
Posting Date: February 17, 2021
Closing Date: March 17, 2021
Positions: Full Time. 30-35 hours per week
Reporting to: Visitor + Stakeholder Liaison
The Tourism Kamloops team promotes Kamloops as an attractive, affordable and accessible getaway for outdoor enthusiasts, families, athletes and weekend warriors. We lead innovative marketing strategies to promote Kamloops as a valued tourism destination. Tourism Kamloops promotes a culture of collaboration, professionalism and fun.
We are hiring four Bold Street Team Members who are passionate about Kamloops and supporting remarkable visitor experiences. Do you strike up conversations in the grocery line? Have you gone above and beyond for a customer before? Can you recommend three amazing things to do in Kamloops this season?
If so, we invite you to apply to join our Visitor Services team.
Hours of Operation
Statutory Holidays: 7:00am-4:00pm
Start Date: May 17, 2021
End Date: September 5, 2021
Primary Location: Tourism Kamloops
Secondary Locations: Nature Parks, Attractions, Hotels & Motels
- Identify visitor needs and provide accurate visitor information including advice for directions, accommodation, and events in a friendly & timely manner.
- Conduct visitor surveys at pop-up locations.
- Proactively engage with visitors by greeting them in high-traffic, downtown areas to provide recommendations.
- Record visitor intercept data (type of support [email, phone, in-person], visitor origin, information requested, nights in community, etc.) daily.
- Engage with potential visitors through phone, email, and social platforms in a creative & hospitable manner
- Visit local tourism partners to provide resources (maps, brochures, etc.) and identify stakeholder needs.
- Submit monthly statistics to Destination British Columbia
- Fulfill online face mask orders
- Collaborate with team-members by providing constructive feedback & new ideas for visitor servicing programs.
- Proactively communicate with other ambassador teams in Kamloops to ensure seamless visitor experiences
- Support other departments with administrative tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service & service recovery skills
- Strong digital communication skills & awareness of brand journalism
- Comfortable navigating platforms such as: Google Drive, Canva, Hootsuite, Instagram
- Confident asking for additional support, clarification, and/or adjusting workload
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment & take initiative in slow times
- Outgoing, friendly and creative
- Strong knowledge of local and regional attractions & events
- Be between 15-30 years of age at start of employment – as per Canada Summer Jobs guidelines
- Class 5 driver’s license and access to vehicle
- Must have a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Available to work statutory holidays & weekends
Tourism Kamloops will provide the following training to ensure a rewarding & resourceful work experience:
- Industry Familiarization Tour
- SuperHost Destination Ambassador certification
- SuperHost Service for All certification
- Destination BC’s Visitor Services Basics certification
How to Apply:
Please send the following to the Visitor + Stakeholder Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line: Bold Street Team Opportunity
- Cover letter & resume
- Accessibility considerations
- Luv'n the Loops
- About Us
- Learning Centre
- Industry Latest
- Why Kamloops
- Meeting Planner Toolkit
- Request Information
- Flash your Badge