Tourism Kamloops Adventure Photo Contest
Official Rules (the “Rules”)
Submit your best outdoor adventure photo from this past year for a chance to win one of three True Outdoors gift cards (the “Contest”).
How to Enter
Each person who wishes to enter the Contest (an “Entrant”) can submit a maximum of two (2) photographs (each an “Entry”) via the Tourism Kamloops website.
Each Entrant must provide the Entrant’s first and last name, email address, and the location of where the Entry was taken. No purchase is necessary to win a prize.
Entries will be used by Tourism Kamloops to promote tourism across digital marketing channels. By choosing to enter, each Entrant gives Tourism Kamloops permission to use the Entrant’s Entry in accordance with these Rules.
The Contest starts December 18, 2020 and closes on January 29, 2021 at 12:00pm PDT (the “Promotion Period”).
Entries received outside this time frame will be automatically disqualified. Tourism Kamloops reserves the right to change any deadline(s) as the result of causes beyond its immediate control.
- Each Entrant must be 19 years or older at the time of submission
- Entry photos must have been taken by the Entrant on or after January 1, 2020
- Entries must upload photos in JPEG or TIFF formats and be a minimum of 2 MB and a maximum of 5 GB
- Each Entrant must have full copyright to all Entries submitted
- Each Entrant must agree to have the Entrant’s Entries published by Tourism Kamloops
- Each Entrant must be a resident of British Columbia
- Any Entry that does not comply with these Rules will be disqualified
- Each Entry must be a photograph taken on a public trail or recreation area
- Employees or affiliates of Tourism Kamloops or Contest judges and their family members or persons living in the same households of such employees or judges are not eligible.
- In order to be eligible, each Entrant must be able to provide, upon request, validly executed releases with respect to content in the entry of the Entry, in a form acceptable to Tourism Kamloops.
By submitting an Entry, each Entrant agrees to give permission to Tourism Kamloops to use the Entry for any purpose, such as in digital marketing campaigns, social media, and on websites, without compensation to the Entrant or any individuals appearing in the Entry. Photo credit will be given to the Entrant if the Entry is shared.
Selection of Winners
Each winning Entry (a “Winner”) will be selected by a judging panel. The judging panel will consist of three local photographers experienced in the field of photography, as determined by Tourism Kamloops in its sole discretion.
Prizes and Approximate Retail Value
- First Place: $700 Gift Certificate to True Outdoors
- Second Place: $350 Gift Certificate to True Outdoors
- Third Place: $150 Gift Certificate to True Outdoors
Limit one (1) prize per Winner. Prizes will be delivered to the Winners via mail to the Winner's preferred mailing address. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for any prize will be made. All prizes are awarded “as is” and without warranty of any kind.
Odds of Winning
The odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
Winner Notification and Timeframe for Claiming Prize
Winners will be notified by the email address submitted at the time of submission and Winners’ names will be posted on Tourism Kamloops’ website and social media channels.
If a Winner does not respond to Tourism Kamloops’ notification email within seven (7) days to claim the Winner’s prize, the Winner will forfeit the prize, and the prize may be awarded to another Entrant, at Tourism Kamloops’ discretion.
License & Publicity Rights
Each Entrant hereby grants Tourism Kamloops a world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license, to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, and publicly display in any format, including social media and editorial, and otherwise exploit the Entrant’s Entry on Tourism Kamloops’ website, applications, and other social media channels.
Limitation of Liability and Release
Tourism Kamloops shall not be liable for any costs, expenses, damages, injuries, or losses sustained by an Entrant. By submitting a photo, each Entrant waives and releases any and all claims that the Entrant has or may have against Tourism Kamloops, for any reason, now, or in the future arising out of or in any way connected to this Contest.
The Contest shall be governed in accordance with the laws of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
The sponsor of the Contest is Tourism Kamloops Marketing Society, 1290 Trans-Canada Hwy, Kamloops BC, V2C 6R3.