Situated at the junction of the North and South Thompson Rivers in the Thompson Valley, Kamloops is the second largest city in the BC Interior with a growing population of 90,000 people.
Kamloops is located at the crossroads of the Coquihalla Highway, Yellowhead Highway, and Trans-Canada Highway. The Kamloops Airport is a 15-minute drive from downtown, the cultural hub of the city. It’s easy to get here.
We’re home to the Kamloopa Powwow, International Buskers Festival, Sport Chek Kamloops Marathon, Brewloops Beer Festival, and more.
Our backyard is a mix of rolling grasslands, sandstone slot canyons, hoodoos, and a whole lot of sagebrush. It’s weird, awesome and a unique climate for the award-winning wineries in the Thompson Valley.
We’re fans of the work-life balance and our extensive trail networks keep us exploring year-round. Locals take advantage of Kamloops’ desert climate by fishing from shore, mountain biking through Pineview Valley, and hiking from early spring to late fall in Lac Du Bois Provincial Park. Kamloops has mild winters that get families adventuring on skis, snowshoes, ice skates, and snowmobiles.
Welcome to our four-seasons playground.
Did You Know…
- Kamloops has the highest number of golf courses per capita in Canada
- The Kamloops Bike Ranch is the largest municipal bike park in Canada
- Kenna Cartwright Nature Park is the largest municipal park in British Columbia
- The Kamloops Longboard Park has over 350 metres of track
- There are 82 parks in Kamloops, covering 1,350 hectares
- There are 100 freshwater lakes within 1 hour
- 4 wineries have been established in the Thompson Valley since 2012
- Winter Adventure
- Road Trips
- Arts + Culture
- Night Out
- Tours + Itineraries
- Summer Adventure
- breweries + cider
- Wine + Brew Tours
- Markets + Farms
- Food Trucks
- About Kamloops
- Weather + Climate
- Getting Here
- sign up
- Vacation Guides
- Accessible Kamloops
- Dog Friendly
- DRIVE BC ROAD REPORTS
- Events Calendar
- Sports Events
- Annual Events
- Annual Sports Events
- Special Events
- Submit Your Event