Dog-Friendly Parks + Beaches
Kamloops has a lot of areas your four-legged friend will enjoy. Check out the city park trails, the sandy beaches or the off-leash parks.
Tire your four-legged friends out on the trails in these off-leash city nature parks. Please remember these trails are shared with hikers and bikers; be courteous and keep your fur friends under control.
- Kenna Cartwright Nature Park - Over 40km to explore with sweeping views of the Thompson Valley.
- Peterson Creek Nature Park - A central city park with over 10km of trails and city views.
- Dallas-Barnhartvale Nature Park - Located 15-mins east of Kamloops, enjoy a variety of trails featuring hoodoos, sagebrush and South Thompson River views.
- Valleyview Nature Park - Opposite to the Kamloops Bike Ranch, Valleyview Nature Park is a small grassland park overlooking the silt bluffs.
- Aviation Way Dog Park - As part of the River's Trail system, dogs will enjoy the flat trail alongside the Thompson River.
Take your pup for a swim at one of the dog-designated beaches.
- Pioneer Park - the city's most popular dog beach located downtown Kamloops.
- Overlander Park - a large white sand beach on the Thompson River.
- Paul Lake Provincial Park - has a small signed dog beach towards the east end of the parking area.
- Lac le Jeune Provincial Park - pets are restricted to a signed area near the west end of the parking lot