Dog-Friendly Parks + Beaches
Kamloops has a lot of areas your four-legged friend will enjoy. Check out the city park trails, the sandy beaches or the off-leash parks.
Tire your four-legged friends out on the trails in these off-leash city nature parks. Please remember these trails are shared with hikers and bikers; be courteous and keep your fur friends under control.
- Kenna Cartwright Nature Park - Over 40km to explore with sweeping views of the Thompson Valley.
- Peterson Creek Nature Park - A central city park with over 10km of trails and city views.
- Dallas-Barnhartvale Nature Park - Located 15-mins east of Kamloops, enjoy a variety of trails featuring hoodoos, sagebrush and South Thompson River views.
- Valleyview Nature Park - Opposite to the Kamloops Bike Ranch, Valleyview Nature Park is a small grassland park overlooking the silt bluffs.
- Aviation Way Dog Park - As part of the River's Trail system, dogs will enjoy the flat trail alongside the Thompson River.
Fenced City Dog Parks
Let your pup stretch its legs at one of Kamloops' city dog parks.
Full List of City Dog Parks
Take your pup for a swim at one of the dog-designated beaches.
- Pioneer Park - the city's most popular dog beach located downtown Kamloops.
- Overlander Park - a large white sand beach on the Thompson River.
- Paul Lake Provincial Park - has a small signed dog beach towards the east end of the parking area.
- Lac le Jeune Provincial Park - pets are restricted to a signed area near the west end of the parking lot
BC Parks Trails
Most provincial parks allow dogs as long as they remain on a leash. Here are a few trails to check out with your pup.
- McConnell Lake Provincial Park
- Gibraltar Rock at Paul Lake Provincial Park
- Battle Bluff in the Lac du Bois Grasslands Protected Area