Camping + RV Parks
From private campgrounds to BC Parks, Kamloops has great options for camping in and around the city. Here are a few of the more popular options.
Enjoy the luxury of staying close to town in your camper or RV or tent. Private campgrounds offer a variety of amenities.
- Silver Sage RV Park - Located along the Thompson River across from downtown Kamloops.
- Kamloops RV Park - Just 15 mins from downtown Kamloops, situated beside the BC Wildlife Park.
- Copper Quarter Campground - Located next to the Agri Centre off of Highway 5 north.
- Knutsford RV Campground - Located 15 mins from downtown Kamloops off of Highway 5A.
BC Parks campgrounds usually offer both reservable and FCFS (first come, first served) sites, day-use areas, and improved facilities.
- Lac Le Jeune - 30 mins south of Kamloops, this 144 site campground also has a day-use area and is ideal for fishing, paddling, and picnicking.
- Paul Lake - 30 mins northeast of Kamloops, this campground features 90 sites surrounded by trees. Enjoy the large day-use area, play in the lake, or hike up Gibraltar Rock.
- Tunkwa Lake - Located 1-hour southwest of Kamloops, Tunkwa Lake Provincial Park contains two large man-made trout-fishing lakes and has 275 FCFS sites.
Recreation Sites provide a simple, rustic camping experience. They are FCFS, generally located in remote areas accessed by gravel forestry roads, and offer only basic facilities like picnic tables, fire pits, and outhouses.
- Isobel Lake - 40 mins north of Kamloops, Isobel Lake has 19 sites. It's a popular spot for hiking, fishing, paddling & biking.
- Campbell Lake - 45 mins southeast of Kamloops, Campbell Lake has 31 campsites and is popular for fishing.
- Edith Lake - 25 mins south of Kamloops, Edith Lake has 14 exposed sites and is a popular spot for fishing and paddling.
- Duffy Lake - 45 mins west of Kamloops, Duffy Lake has 52 campsites and is popular with fishers & motorized ORV users.
Enjoy your time in Kamloops
Whether you're looking to relax, find some yummy food, enjoy new views, or find ways to entertain the family. We've got you covered.
Most provincial campgrounds with services sell bundles of firewood (cash only).
Most gas stations sell small bundles of firewood.
Learn more on sani-station locations, hours, fees, and amenities.
BC Parks Reservation System
Book your Provincial Park stay in advance with Discover Camping.
Kamloops is the central hub for Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Okanagan. Year-round there are natural disasters that could affect your travel plans. Please visit these sites to ensure you are able to travel without complications.
- Drive BC for updates on traffic, road, and weather conditions on BC's provincial Highways.
- BC Parks for updates on provincial park closures.
- Wildfire Service for updates on wildfires in the region
- Emergency Info BC for updates during partial and full-scale provincial emergencies.
- Rec Sites & Trails for updates on alerts, closures and warnings at BC Rec Sites.