Camping + RV Parks
From private campgrounds to BC Parks, Kamloops has great options for camping in and around the city. Here are a few of the more popular options.
Stay close to the city at one of these Kamloops city campgrounds. Amenities include hook ups for RVs.
- Silver Sage RV Park - Located riverside across from downtown Kamloops.
- Kamloops RV Park - Just 15 mins from downtown Kamloops, situated beside the BC Wildlife Park.
- Copper Quarter Campground - Located next to the Agri Centre off of Highway 5 north.
- Knutsford RV Campground - Located 15 mins from downtown Kamloops off of Highway 5A.
BC Provincial Parks
BC Parks campgrounds usually offer both reservable and FCFS (first come, first served) sites, day-use areas, and improved facilities.
- Lac Le Jeune - Just 30 mins south of Kamloops, this 144 site campground also has a day-use area and is ideal for fishing, paddling, swimming, and picnicking.
- Paul Lake - Also 30 mins northeast of Kamloops, this campground features 90 sites surrounded by trees. Enjoy the large day-use area, play in the lake, or hike up Gibraltar Rock.
- Tunkwa Lake - Located 1-hour southwest of Kamloops, Tunkwa Lake Provincial Park contains two large man-made trout-fishing lakes and has 275 FCFS sites.
Recreation Sites provide a simple, rustic camping experience. They are FCFS, generally located in remote areas accessed by gravel forestry roads, and offer only basic facilities like picnic tables, fire pits, and outhouses.
- Isobel Lake - 40 mins north of Kamloops, Isobel Lake has 19 sites. It's a popular spot for hiking, fishing, paddling & biking.
- Campbell Lake - 45 mins southeast of Kamloops, Campbell Lake has 31 campsites and is popular for fishing.
- Edith Lake - 25 mins south of Kamloops, Edith Lake has 14 exposed sites and is a popular spot for fishing and paddling.
- Duffy Lake - 45 mins west of Kamloops, Duffy Lake has 52 campsites and is popular with fishers & motorized ORV users.
- Most provincial campgrounds with services sell bundles of firewood (cash only).
- Most gas stations sell small bundles of firewood.
- Learn more on sani-station locations, hours, fees, and amenities.
BC Parks Reservation System
- Book your Provincial Park stay in advance with Discover Camping.
Kamloops is the central hub for Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Okanagan. Year-round there are natural disasters that could affect your travel plans. Please visit these sites to ensure you are able to travel without complications.
- Drive BC for updates on traffic, road, and weather conditions on BC's provincial Highways.
- BC Parks for updates on provincial park closures.
- Wildfire Service for updates on wildfires in the region
- Emergency Info BC for updates during partial and full-scale provincial emergencies.
- Rec Sites & Trails for updates on alerts, closures and warnings at BC Rec Sites.