Tourism Kamloops encourages you to share your inspiring comments, photos and videos of Kamloops on our social media sites. We want everyone to be inspired to explore Kamloops.
Material that is deemed to be inappropriate, however, will be removed at Tourism Kamloops' sole and absolute discretion, such as:
Violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist posts, links or images
Comments that threaten or defame any person or organization
Solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements
Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user or repetitive posts
Tourism Kamloops does not claim any ownership rights in photos you post on our wall. However, by posting material on our social media sites you hereby grant to the Tourism Kamloops, its affiliates, partners, in perpetuity, a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use your submitted content (in any format or media) and waive all moral rights in and to your submitted content in favour of the Tourism Kamloops. This includes the right to use any ideas you submit (including ideas about our products or advertising campaigns) in any manner that we choose, without any obligation to you.
Tourism Kamloops respects intellectual property laws. By posting and/or submitting material to Tourism Kamloops social media sites, you represent that you have the right to share the material in your submitted content, including (without limitation) trade-marks and copyrighted material. Do not post or submit any third party materials unless you have first obtained consent from the owner of such materials.
Except where expressly provided You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as provided in this Section), create derivative works based on, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the Content, software, materials, or Services in whole or in part. You may download or copy the Content, and other items displayed on the Sites for download, for personal use only, provided that You maintain all copyright attribution and other notices contained in such Content. You may store the Content only for personal, noncommercial use. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal, noncommercial use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Tourism Kamloops, or from the copyright holder identified in such Content’s copyright notice.
Tourism Kamloops takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Content posted, stored or uploaded by You, or for any loss or damage You may suffer as a result, nor is Tourism Kamloops liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity You may encounter. Tourism Kamloops is not liable for any statements, representations or Content provided by its users in any public forum, personal home page or any other area of the Sites. Although Tourism Kamloops has no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of the Content posted to or distributed through the Sites, Tourism Kamloops reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to remove, screen or edit without notice any Content posted or stored on the Sites at any time and for any reason, and You are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any Content You post or store on the Sites at your sole cost and expense.
If You believe in good faith that materials hosted by Tourism Kamloops infringe Your copyright, You must provide Tourism Kamloops with written notification. The procedure outlined below is exclusively for notifying Tourism Kamloops that your copyrighted material has been infringed and is not a final assertion of any rights to the Content that You may have.
Your written notification must include the following:
a clear identification of Your copyrighted work that You claim is being infringed;
a clear identification on the Site(s) of the location of Your copyrighted work;
Your full name, telephone number, email address and physical address and your signature; and
send Your notice to:
1290 West Trans Canada Hwy
Please note that You may be liable for damages if you make a false claim of copyright infringement.
Tourism Kamloops will review and appropriately address all notices that comply with the requirements above.
3. RESTRICTIONS. You are responsible for all of Your activity in connection with the Services and accessing the Sites. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for termination of Your right to use the Services or to access the Sites. You may not post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any user. Use of the Sites or Services to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material, including material deemed threatening or obscene, or engage in any kind of illegal activity is expressly prohibited. You will not run Mail-list, Listserv, any form of auto-responder, "spam" on the Sites, or any processes that run or are activated by You.
4. THIRD PARTY TOURISM EXPERIENCES. Tourism Kamloops is not a booking agent or tour operator. You should be aware that organizations that are featured on Tourism Kamloops's Sites will have their own terms and rates for booking tourism experiences. When You book any tourism experience with a third party please be sure to check with them for disclosure of all applicable terms, restrictions, rates and fees.
Tourism Kamloops may include Content provided by third party companies or individuals which may include offers for third party tourism experiences. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of advertisers or any other third party other than Tourism Kamloops , and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. Tourism Kamloops is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage You may incur as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of third party tourism experience offerings on the Sites.
6. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. Tourism Kamloops has no special relationship with, or fiduciary duty, to You. You acknowledge that Tourism Kamloops has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding:
which users gain access to the Sites;
what Content You access via the Sites;
what effects the Content may have on You;
how You may interpret or use the Content; or
what actions You may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content.
You release Tourism Kamloops from all liability for Your having acquired or not acquired Content through the Sites. Tourism Kamloops makes no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Sites or any content contained in or accessed through a Third Party Service, and Tourism Kamloops will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Sites or any Third Party Service linked to the Sites.
THE SERVICES, CONTENT, AND SITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Tourism Kamloops makes no guaranty of confidentiality or privacy of any communication or information transmitted on any third party web site linked to Tourism Kamloops' Sites or otherwise in connection with the Services.
Tourism Kamloops will not be liable for the privacy of e-mail addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, third party confidential or trade-secret information, or any other Content stored on Tourism Kamloops' equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Sites, or otherwise connected with Your use of the Sites, Services, or Third Party Service.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL TOURISM KAMLOOPS BE LIABLE TO YOU WITH RESPECT TO THE SITES OR THE SERVICES OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITE OR TOURISM EXPERIENCE (I) FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES DUE TO LOSS OF DATA OR FAILED COMMUNICATIONS, OR (II) FOR ANY AMOUNT IN THE AGGREGATE IN EXCESS OF THE FEES PAID BY YOU TO TOURISM KAMLOOPS.
- Trails & Outdoor Adventure
- Winter Adventure
- Arts & Culture