FREE FAMILY FUN
When it comes to getting the family out and having a good time, Kamloops has lots of free or nearly free kid approved things to do.
- Wednesday 8am-2pm: 400 block of Victoria Street
- Saturday 8:30am-12:30pm: 200 block of St Paul Street
- Wednesday 8am-2pm: 159 Seymour St, St. Andrews on the Square
Enjoy local products all from BC with a majority of vendors from within 100km of Kamloops. Artisan products include locally grown products, prepared food artisans and home-based businesses.
(Play I Spy, watch the performers, find lunch—and maybe a goody for later!)
Westsyde Centennial Park
705 Franklin Road
This riverfront park features a skating rink, splash pad, soccer fields, a playground and don't miss Little Farms Petting Zoo. That ought to wear the kids out. Bring Loonies and quarters to feed the ducks, chickens, and Goats. There is also a kiosk where you can buy snacks, drinks.
Borrow a rod + tackle
1290 West Trans Canada Highway
Drop a line for free with the Rod Loan Program at the Kamloops Visitor Centre! Get tips on local hot spots, suggested fishing holes, and head out on your own fishing adventure with the use of fishing rods and tackle.
(Even if you don’t catch a fish, you can still catch a break)
Take the family or yourself out Geocaching, a fun and challenging outdoor adventure where you have to find hidden treasures with GPS coordinates. There are hundreds of locations throughout the city, province and even the world! Collect different trinkets from geocache locations by using the geocaching app on your phone. Some items you find even have a registered tag that show you where the original location of the item started and where it's trying to go. It's a world of fun for any age or ability.
(Johntime and Sampsonsmamma at the Tourism Kamloops Office Geocache site)
ANNUAL FAMILY EVENTS
(Not all free but worth a visit)
- Kamloops Film Festival - March
- Kamloops Cowboy Festival - March
- Kamloops Festival of the Performing Arts - February - March
- Downtown Spring Festival - May
- Music in the Park - July - August Every Night in Riverside Park
- Art in the Park - July in Riverside Park
- Kamloops Buskers Festival - July in Downtown Kamloops
- Downtown Merchants Market - July
- Project X Theatre - July at Prince Charles Park
- Kamloopa Powwow - August at the Tk’emlups te Secwepemc Powwow Grounds
- Rotary Ribfest - August in Riverside Park
- Hot Nite in the City - August Downtown Kamloops
- Provincial Winter Fair - September
- Adams River Salmon Run - September - November
- Boo at the Zoo - October
- 2141 Heritage Railway Ghost Train - October
- Santa Claus Parade - November
- Wildlights at the BC Wildlife Park - December
- 2141 Heritage Railway Spirit of Christmas Train - December